Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Do 16. Mai 2024, 18:41

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: A Gojek-Tokopedia merger has ramifications for regional unic
BeitragVerfasst: Di 16. Feb 2021, 08:47 

A Gojek-Tokopedia merger has ramifications for regional unicorns including Grab and Sea

Bild

One of Jakarta’s best kept secrets is that it hosts the largest Jazz festival in the Southern Hemisphere.

I recall, with fondness, attending Java Jazz in the late noughties, on my regular work commutes to Indonesia as a young solicitor.

Back then, prized festival tickets were bought over-the-counter at tour agencies, who only accepted cash payments - foreign credit cards were regarded by counter
staff with deep suspicion.

On my way to the festival, I would negotiate the city’s notorious traffic jams in a hired car I had booked through the hotel.

At the festival grounds, the only lunch and dinner options were Indonesian street food offered by the hawkers that congregated outside - my favourite being the very
tasty but less than healthy chicken noodles or "mie ayam" sold by an elderly hawker from a blue kaki lima (push cart).

Things have changed significantly in the last decade. Today, I buy my Java Jazz tickets online, via an e-commerce marketplace like Tokopedia or ticketing platform
Go-Tix, and pay for my purchase using a digital wallet like Ovo.

I travel to the festival using a ride-hailing app like Grab or Gojek, both of which also offer online food delivery services that will convey comestibles to concert-goers
from the farthest reaches of Greater Jakarta.

All this is made possible by the rise of digitally-enabled businesses. Indonesia’s digital economy, valued at just US$8 billion in 2015 had quintupled to US$44 billion
in 2020.

Read details of the news here. : SLOTXO สูตรเดินเบ็ท โบนัสเข้ารัว ๆ ทุน 100 แตก 10,000

Alle Zeiten sind UTC