Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Di 7. Mai 2024, 02:20

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

I'm Literally Writing About The Internet of Things
<strong><a href="http://www.montblancpen2u.com/">pens</a></strong> 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
<br> 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
<strong><a href="http://www.montblancpen2u.com/">mont blanc pens</a></strong> 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
<br> 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Abstimmungen insgesamt : 0
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: I'm Literally Writing About The Internet of Things
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 6. Aug 2014, 19:34 

<strong><a href="http://www.montblancpen2u.com/">pens</a></strong>
<br>
<strong><a href="http://www.montblancpen2u.com/">mont blanc pens</a></strong>
<br>
mont blanc
montblanc pen
mont blanc

I'm Literally Writing About The Internet of Things
comments, called-out
Comment Now
Follow Comments
Following Comments
Unfollow Comments
Comment Now
Follow Comments
Following Comments
Unfollow Comments
montblanc pen I haven’t written in months. Maybe it’s because I’ve been busy. Maybe, I’ve been lazy. It is summer, yo.
Discount Mont Blanc Pens | Mont Blanc Pens discount | cheap Mont Blanc Pens But I believe the real reason I haven’t written is that I have dispassionately lacked the technological inspiration to do so. I’m writing now however because I am becoming increasingly obsessed with the integration of digital and physical experiences. It seems that wearables, tools, appliances, cars, pets, everything are improving through digital connections and being launched into market day after day.
Discount Mont Blanc Pens | Mont Blanc Pens discount | cheap Mont Blanc Pens It’s The Internet of Things, as they say. In fact, I started writing this very post with a Livescribe Sky smart pen , which records one’s jottings and seamlessly transfers them to Evernote via wi-fi. I can also capture my voice or yours, although that feels a bit creepy and less helpful unless you’re a private eye or court clerk.
Discount Mont Blanc Pens | Mont Blanc Pens discount | cheap Mont Blanc Pens The pen feels a bit clunky at first. It’s fat and heavy and not that comfortable, but I hardly expected a Mont Blanc experience. (I really should try the sleeker newer Livescribe 3 ). One also must use special infrared-sensitive notebooks and follow all sorts of directions, which are not (yet) intuitive to me. But the sync with Evernote is absolutely brilliant and very easy to set up. Love that .
Discount Mont Blanc Pens | Mont Blanc Pens discount | cheap Mont Blanc Pens
Discount Mont Blanc Pens | Mont Blanc Pens discount | cheap Mont Blanc Pens Sadly, I wrote this paragraph twice before remembering to hit the record button, unnecessarily and unintentionally recorded my scratchy writing sounds, and had to re-type it all anyway since I didn’t have the patience to figure out how to convert the handwriting to text for editing.
But I so want to love this pen , and I plan on practicing more before giving up. Plus, I’m already thinking of smart uses for it in my work life—or in yours. For example, there are meetings every day in which we take paper notes that beg for a fresh tool like this. Then there are those 20 minutes on airplane take-off when you can’t use a laptop but want to jot a few notes down. Then there are moments where one wants the utter precision of digital, but the sensual intimacy of paper. You saw Her with Joaquin Phoenix, right? And what about at job interviews? Perhaps Google Google interviewers taking copious notes during candidate interviews (yes, true) would appear far less rude if they could record more easily. Of course, they would still be rudely taking notes while you’re trying to answer their algorithm questions, so maybe the digital pen is not the solution for that situation. But a start, no?
The truth is, this sort of digital integration is happening all around us, every day. Have you been to Urban Outfitters and used their machine that prints your Instagram photos? It’s terrific. You’ve probably also read about Burberry , Lego or of course Quirky Quirky + GE’s Aros? Everyone is talking about this partnership.
To build more momentum and accelerate development, we’re also seeing all sorts of groups and consortiums forming , aligning and launching. Even big data strategies will need to adjust for The Internet of Things (IoT), according to fellow Forbes.com contributor Mike Kavis. MIT Lab Founder and futurist Nicholas Negropronte made an interesting point at TED back in March when he seemed to wish that intelligence would focus more on the objects themselves rather than just on the apps, where so much effort currently seems to be.
With that in mind, if any engineers are reading, I have some professional requests for the newest additions to IoT:
The Wedding Ring Projector: To replace the jump-drive-size projectors now out, I’d like my wedding ring to project my presentations on the screens to clients, Green Lantern-style.
The Watch That Completes Time Sheets: A Prophet colleague requested this integration. It does make sense to connect a time-related device to a time-related consequence. A corollary, I suppose, would be the Wallet Fob That Completes Expenses.
The Participant Code Participator: To prevent awkward lateness on conference calls because of indecipherable dial-ins, now the code is scrambled into a cute word like “Peggy” or “Hannukah.” (Admittedly, there’s probably already an app for this.)
There is plenty more coming down the pike in the Internet of Things — both half-assed and utterly amazing.
Marketers will benefit not only with the news and badge value as an innovator in an emerging space, but in creating products and services at the cross-hairs of content, technology and customer value — things worth advertising. Excited, but not impressed at the start? My advice is to roll with it, be patient, try everything, solve timeless problems with it, invent what doesn’t yet exist through it, and wherever you can, forget the note-taking and just make eye contact.

[Follow up note on post: Updated the post with the correct model. I am using the Livescribe Sky with wi-fi, not the 3.]
Move up http://i.forbesimg.com t
Move down
Don't Underestimate The Impact Of The Internet Of Things
Mike Kavis
Contributor
Burberry's Blurred Lines: The Integrated Customer Experience
Scott Davis
Contributor
What Clients Look For In Their Creative Leadership
Mat Zucker
Contributor
comments, called-out
Comment Now
Follow Comments
Following Comments
Unfollow Comments
Comment Now
Follow Comments
Following Comments
Unfollow Comments
Print
Report Corrections
Reprints &amp; Permissions
Post Your Comment
Cancel reply
Post Your Reply
Please
or
to comment.
Enter Your Comment
Submit Comment
Forbes writers have the ability to call out member comments they find particularly interesting. Called-out comments are highlighted across the Forbes network. You'll be notified if your comment is called out.
pens
mont blanc pens

Alle Zeiten sind UTC