Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 26. Apr 2024, 16:30

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Indian farmers protests: The UK children supporting their he
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 11. Jan 2021, 04:08 

Indian farmers protests: The UK children supporting their heritage

Bild

Across the UK children have been raising awareness about farmers protests in India and the impact they are having on their families and the Sikh community.

For more than a month, tens of thousands of farmers, mainly from Punjab and Haryana, have been camping out at various borders in Delhi protesting against
government reforms on farming laws in the country.

Farmers have claimed three new farm laws were made without consultation and fear losing earnings and protection over guaranteed prices.

Yet the governing Bharatiya Janata Party has insisted these reforms are necessary to increase farm incomes and productivity.

The move has sparked demonstrations in the UK, including in London, Leicester and Birmingham.

It has also become a talking point in some UK schools, with many Sikh children bringing the protest online using #istandwithfarmers.

So, why has a row thousands of miles away captured their attention and how are they using artwork and billboards to raise awareness?

'I wrote a letter to the prime minister'
Eight-year-old Ashleen Kaur Gill, from Windsor, Berkshire, has family in Ludhiana, in the state of Punjab, who rely on their wheat and rice farm as their main income.

She has been posting videos on social media to raise awareness and has also written to Prime Minster Boris Johnson calling on the UK government to intervene.

"We need his support and he needs to tell the Indian government to stop," she said.

"It's sad to see [the farmers] are not being treated fairly... This will have a big impact on my family and it could end farming for the smaller farmers.

"I want to be able to go back to India to see my family and wish for a long life for farming. It's because of them I am thankful for the food on my plate."

The 'budding influencer'
"I won't get food if farmers can't grow and sell food," said Lil Ray Ray, of Wolverhampton, who has 26,000 followers on an Instagram account run by his father
DJ Nicku.

The six year old has been using the platform to make videos on the issue and was chosen as the face of a billboard campaign across the West Midlands in support
of the farmers.

"My family are from Bilga and Nakodar in the state of Punjab," he said.

"Farming is in our roots, we grow fruit and vegetables.

"It upsets me to see how farmers are being treated in the protests.

"I have great-grandparents who were farmers and it's because of them I am here today."

Read more news continuously. : slotxo

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Indian farmers protests: The UK children supporting their he
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 15. Jan 2021, 05:33 

Since childhood, Mr. Lu Xun in his desk now on a "morning", this style started to affect the students of history, several generations of renewal and transformation, we have become on the desks of the "culture" A.
SEO

Alle Zeiten sind UTC