Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 12:08

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill has left the team
BeitragVerfasst: Do 21. Feb 2019, 03:42 

In the second quarter http://www.authenticsmiamidolphins.com/cheap-kiko-alonso-jersey , Tannehill dropped back to pass only to have right tackle Ja’Wuan James step back onto Tannehill’s ankle, rolling it and leading to a sack. Tannehill tried to stand up, then sat back down on the field before trainers came out to look at him. He then limped off the field and straight back to the locker room.The team has not made an announcement on the likelihood of Tannehill returning. Brock Osweiler replaced Tannehill in the lineup.Tannehill was 5-for-8 for 96 yards with a touchdown and a 143.8 passer rating before the injury. He was sacked three times, including the sack when he was injured. Tannehill has missed five games this season after sustaining a shoulder injury earlier in the season. He missed all of the 2017 season with a knee injury.Miami has had success against the Patriots with the running attack thus far, with 12 carries leading to 142 yards with two touchdowns. Frank Gore leads the way with six carries for 54 yards, while Brandon Bolden has two carries for 60 yards and two touchdowns.The game is currently at halftime, with the Patriots leading 27-21.UPDATE: Tannehill returned to the game after halftime.Armando Salguero Helped Me Consider an Achilles Injury in a New Light Let’s first be thankful that the injury bug didn’t hit us like last year. In the grand scheme of things, the Miami Dolphins are healthy. DeVante Parker is the only player who would’ve been expected to get significant snaps on Sunday vs. the Tennessee Titans that’ll not be available 1:00 at Hard Rock Stadium this Sunday.Yet Youth Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey , say that to MarQueis Gray or Tony Lippett and see if they feel the injury bug was generous this year.In a question that was born from the confusion about how the CB #2 “battle of training camp” became a “this-guy-is-no-longer-on-the-team-and-the-other-guy-looks-bad” situation, it was the way Armando Salguero said what he said about Tony Lippett’s achilles injury that catalyzed me to reflect so deeply. LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW WITH ARMANDO SALGUERO RIGHT HERECrazy as it sounds, ladies and gentleman, NFL players are human. We consume ourselves with the aura of inescapable perseverance like Cameron Wake returning from the same injury, and somehow code this ridiculousness into our brains as the norm. At least I did. Of course, you can come back from an achilles injury the next year! It happens all the time.Except maybe I have a faulty assumption? Yeah, pretty sure that’s it. I won’t pretend to know any statistics on the matter in terms of returns from achilles injuries by NFL position, but just thinking about how important the achilles tendon is in the physics of movement. If you think of the achilles as a focal point of concentrated force as you propel yourself from the ground to run White Bobby McCain Jersey , jump, dive, what-have-you, it’s a fundamental aspect to athleticism. If that system is compromised in any way, movement becomes different. And the reality is that, what might be an infinitesimally slight difference for someone who works a desk job like me, it could be the straw that break’s the camel’s back in an NFL player’s quest for long-term work.So instead of thinking about this in a vacuum of black-and-white, I’ll appreciate the layers of gray. What kind of tear to the achilles? What position does the player play White Vincent Taylor Jersey , and what skill sets are needed by that position? What’s the margin of error if athleticism is “different” ever so slightly?If there’s anything I’ve realized, it’s that an achilles injury might be the most devastating non-head/spine injury in the NFL landscape today: it’s not a mountain that everyone can climb. To be fair to the NFL players who risk their well being for my entertainment, not only will I be more cautious in projecting a player who has suffered an achilles injury, but I’ll stop dismissing everything as if it’s nothing. “The injury bug” became an empty shell of an expression in my worldview, and the interview with Armando helped provide a new framework.Thank you, Armando.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC