Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 10:00

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: As Price was coming set, Machado, leading off from second
BeitragVerfasst: Do 21. Feb 2019, 08:26 

Throughout Enrique Hernandez's nine-pitch battle with Price http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-kirk-gibson-jersey , Machado appeared to be relaying signs and/or location to Hernandez through an exaggerated series of motions.would place his hands on his hips. Then, just before each pitch, Machado would begin a series of motions: touching his helmet with either his right or left hand, sometimes then touching or pulling thescript on his jersey afterward and other times grabbing or touching the thigh/groin area of his pants.As the at-bat unfolded, LeVangie remained in the dugout while Price fell behind Hernandez 2-1 and then 3-2 before鈥攆ollowing three foul balls鈥攖hrowing a 93 mph fastball that Hernandez swung through for strike three."Was it a little exaggerated? Yeah, maybe, but I saw the whole thing," LeVangie said of Machado's gyrations. "I had told [Boston manager] Alex [Cora] I wanted to go [to the mound] before the Puig at-bat because I wanted to talk about some things."But when a guy gets a big punchout in that situation and a coach comes out to take a visit...I didn't want to f--k with the momentum there because David got a huge strikeout."Plus, catcher Christian Vazquez had taken a mound visit already in the inning, trotting out for a chat with Price after Machado's base hit to put two runners aboard with none out. LeVangie was worried about slowing Price after the lefty's good start to the game, so he stayed put.Then, there were two out and runners on first and second, and the score was 1-1.From second, Machado gestured again. Puig swung at the first pitch he saw, a 93 mph fastball, knocking an RBI single into center to give the Dodgers their first鈥攁nd only鈥攍ead of the series. It was Machado who scored."David makes a good pitch on Puig,"LeVangiesaid."He jams him. [Puig] gets a flare. Then I gotta go out. But I talked to him with some small things after that Willie Horton Jersey , and he got out of that inning."I had a clear point I wanted to [make] after that at-bat because I saw Manny the entire time. I knew what he was doing."Charles Krupa/Associated PressAngry with himself because he felt his decision to delay the visit cost the Red Sox, LeVangie went out after Puig's RBI single to talk with Price and Vazquez, clearly to discuss what was occurring behind Price at second base and to change signs."We had a conversation," LeVangie said. "I don't want to get into the depths of it, but I brought up exactly what you're talking about."I let it get in my way鈥攂ecause of the strikeout, I didn't go out there [earlier]. I was so pissed that I didn't."Price had not allowed a hit in the first three innings of Game 2, and after he escaped the fourth, he threw two more hitless frames. While it is unclear whether Price knew what was occurring behind him during the Hernandez and Puig at-bats in the fourth, LeVangie was doing his best to properly time his interruption."I just told him, 'Hear me out. I know this is not the right time, but hear me out,'" LeVangie said.Cora declined comment to B/R on Thursday at Dodger Stadium when asked about the dugout conversation with LeVangie in the moment and for his take on the episode overall."I don't have a take," Cora said following an off-day media briefing.Vazquez, Price and Machado were not available for comment because neither team worked out at Dodger Stadium following all-day travel.Elise Amendola/Associated PressStealing signs has been around practically since baseball was invented鈥攐r, as MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said Wednesday in Boston, "It's been a part of our game since Lassie was a puppy."It's become a hot topic this October because of various accusations of video shenanigans in the digital age that would violate baseball rules if true and because so much video scouting leaves pitchers vulnerable to tipping their pitches and offering hitters strong clues as to what is coming. Boston closer Craig Kimbrel has had a rough October stretchbecause of the latter.Machado, meanwhile, has been in the headlines after being called a "dirty player" by Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich during the NLCS and after he told Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal that hustling isn't "my cup of tea" and that he is not "Johnny Hustle" after being called out for not running hard on various plays this season.Being caught apparently relaying signs to Dodgers hitters from second base is nowhere close to the dirty-player charges, LeVangie emphasized."Oh, it's clean http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-victor-martinez-jersey ," the pitching coach said. "It's baseball. If you're not hiding your stuff with a runner on second base and you're giving them a free view, that's on you, the pitcher and the catcher. It's up to the pitcher and catcher to manage that and to us to oversee it and make sure we're going about it the right way."We see this all the time. Not just him, with everyone. We are very respectful of all this, and it's a big part of who we are and what we try to manage. As far as our pitching staff, we want to make sure we control those guys at second base and [that] they're not stealing our signs. We're changing our signs constantly, every pitch. Typically, every one of our pitchers will change every pitch."If you're wondering why the average time of a postseason game is stretching to nearly four hours, this is one small example. You can never be too careful.From second base the other night, though, because Machado was almost flamboyant in what he appeared to be doing, it didn't take a professional detective to sniff out that one.Asked whether he had seen anything as obvious recently, LeVangie chuckled and said "yes.""I've seen worse in Little League a few years ago," he said. "It was a Little League World Series game I saw on television. It was extremely obvious." Scott Miller covers Major League Baseball as a national columnist for Bleacher Report. Follow Scotton Twitterand talk baseball. OAKLAND, Calif. — Seattle Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez will be seeking one of the most important wins in his grand history against the Oakland Athletics on Sunday afternoon when he pitched the finale of a four-game series between American League playoff hopefuls.The third-place Mariners (76-60) gave their hopes of overtaking the second-place A’s (81-56) a boost with a nail-biting, 8-7 victory Saturday night.Seattle will leave Oakland either a reasonable 3 1/2 games or a distant 5 1/2 games behind the A’s as they go head-to-head not just for second in the West but perhaps most important for the second AL wild-card berth.Article continues below ...The clubs also will meet three times in Seattle in the final week of the season, magnifying the need for the Mariners to stay at least within three games of the A’s.Hernandez (8-12, 5.49 ERA) hasn’t had his best season, but the Mariners way more often than not have been in good hands when the 14-year veteran has pitched in Oakland.Hernandez has faced the A’s 50 times in his career, starting on 49 of those occasions. He has gone 26-12 with a 2.71 ERA.The 26 wins are seven more than he has against any other team.The 32-year-old has been especially good in Oakland Nick Castellanos Jersey , where he’s 13-5 with a 2.89 ERA in 26 games, including 25 as a starter.Hernandez’s 13 wins in Oakland are the most by an A’s opponent in Oakland Coliseum history.He has faced the A’s four times already this season and lost three of them, albeit by the low-scoring counts of 2-1, 4-3 and 3-2. The latter two games were in Oakland.Hernandez, the sixth-winningest active pitcher with 168 victories, will be opposed by another member of the exclusive 100-win club, A’s right-hander Edwin Jackson (4-3, 3.03), who owns 102 career wins.The 34-year-old hasn’t faced Seattle since 2013, but he dominated the Mariners when he did. Jackson has started four games in his career against the Mariners and won all four, compiling a 1.26 ERA in the process.Jackson has not gotten out of the fifth inning in either of his last two starts — home against Texas and at Houston — allowing seven runs (six earned) and 11 hits in nine innings.Neither team was particularly sharp in Saturday’s game.The A’s lent a helping hand to the Mariners in a three-run third inning when second baseman Jed Lowrie and Stephen Piscotty miscommunicated, allowing Denard Span’s pop fly to drop.Oakland still had a chance to get a forceout at second base on the play, but center fielder Ramon Laureano threw wildly to the plate, allowing a run to score and setting up the other two runs.Kyle Seager put the Mariners up 5-1 later in the inning with a single to right field on which Lowrie dropped a relay throw, allowing Span to score after he had initially held up at third.The A’s then caught a break in a four-run rally in the eighth when Span, playing left field, turned Marcus Semien’s two-run double into a three-run blow when he bobbled the ball.That got the A’s within one and gave them a chance to tie the game with Semien at second base, but Mariners closer Edwin Diaz struck out Matt Chapman to retain the 8-7 lead.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC