Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 20. Apr 2024, 00:26

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: These five plays show why Sean McVay is the best young head
BeitragVerfasst: Do 24. Jan 2019, 04:38 

The statement I’m about to make isn’t a hot take. It’s probably the furthest thing from it. After re-watching the Los Angeles Rams vs Oakland Raiders week one matchup (multiple times) Samson Ebukam Jersey , I’ve come away with a handful of plays that show the thought process in which Head Coach Sean McVay schemes plays and how he wanted to attack the Raiders’ defense and why that makes him the best young head coach in the NFL.(Editor’s note: That’s a hot take.)First things first, everything works off of the run game. In the first half, the Rams hardly had the ball - and didn’t establish the run whatsoever. Stud running back Todd Gurley had a total of four carries and the Rams offense faltered for it. In the second half things managed to pick up. The offensive line was downright dominant and Gurley was his typical self using his patience to setup their blocks, finding the right hole, and bursting through with explosion.Here’s a run play from the game:(Google AMP and Apple News readers will need to click here to see the clip)Your browser does not support HTML5 video.The Rams were running an outside zone run play here. LT Andrew Whitworth absolutely buries his guy here, but it’s far enough in the backfield that Gurley realizes he wont be able to bounce the run outside. LG Rodger Saffold and C John Sullivan dominate a DT at the point of attack with a combo block with Sully moving to the second level to find the middle “mike” linebacker. The backside of the play features another three solid blocks by RG Austin Blythe who demolishes his defender, RT Rob Havenstein Ndamukong Suh Jersey Salute to Service , and TE Tyler Higbee. The play may not have went for major yardage, but these are the types of run plays that set up an effective play action threat later on.For smart, high-football IQ individuals like WR Cooper Kupp, the positives of a strong running game are endless. Here’s the play:(Google AMP and Apple News readers will need to click here to see the clip)Your browser does not support HTML5 video.Here in the red zone, the Rams run a play action pass with Kupp using a fake block on S Reggie Nelson to get him to bite and totally forget about coverage. Nelson’s eyes are 100% committed to the backfield, and Kupp releases into his out route completely alone walking in for an easy touchdown.This time, the Rams run a hard playaction fake to the left simulating another outside zone run instead attacking all three levels of the defense. The pass was a 30-yard completion to WR Brandin Cooks. Take a look:(Google AMP and Apple News readers will need to click here to see the clip)Your browser does not support HTML5 video.Watching the Raiders’ linebackers and S Reggie Nelson tells you all you need to know about the respect they grew for the Rams’ running game as the game wore on. As they got gashed in the run game John Franklin-Myers Jersey , their defenders started to cheat and focused on primarily stopping the run. The offensive line created a great pocket for Goff to dropback and feel comfortable in. Goff threw a dart to a wide open Cooks for easy yardage.Once again, on this passing play the Rams took advantage of a strong running game to the tune of another heavy play action fake. Unfortunately this time the pass was underthrown and not completed. Here’s the play:(Google AMP and Apple News readers will need to click here to see the clip)Your browser does not support HTML5 video.See how this play was a bit different than the playaction pass right above? The Rams still have Cooks running the deep crosser with Kupp running the underneath crosser, but the Rams set this up for it to work by running a bunch of crossing routes all game. Kupp’s crosser turned into a wheel route up the sideline where he found himself wide open. Goff didn’t get enough under the ball making his receiver turn around and start back peddling for the ball, but this concept is really fun.Here’s the last passing play that worked off of heavy playaction:(Google AMP and Apple News readers will need to click here to see the clip)Your browser does not support HTML5 video.With not much time left in the game, Goff seen his WR Robert Woods making a break on the post to get behind the entire defense (which he does) though they couldn’t connect. Goff overthrew Woods by maybe a yard, but the play design worked to perfection again. Riding the coattails of a strong running game and play action fakes, the play had Kupp chipping as a blocker and delayed releasing into the flat as a checkdown Authentic Joseph Noteboom Jersey , Cooks running the crosser (as the Rams were hitting all game), and Woods running the post. The play also had a different wrinkle with Tyler Higbee coming across the formation with a fake “pull” or “wham block”.When you look at the versatility of the Rams’ weapons, their offense relies on simplicity.Don’t get me wrong. McVay is a genius, and he is going to work in more complex subtleties. But the Rams’ ability to do everything and move guys around makes the offense that much more dangerous. Watching how the strong run game turns into a strong intermediate play action passing game turn into a strong deep play action passing game is awesome.And should only get more impressive as the season goes on. Los Angeles Rams cornerback Marcus Peters left his team’s bench areas to confront a fan with expletive-laced remarks during Sunday night’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.On Monday, his head coach, Sean McVay, says his players have to know better than that.“I saw the video. I got a chance to talk to Marcus Limited Brian Allen Jersey ,” McVay said of the incident on Monday. “He knows that we’ve got to be better in those situations and can’t allow whatever is going on in terms of that dialogue to affect our ability to be focused on what is going on during the game and on the field with our team and how we can stay focused and concentrate on that. We had a good discussion and he knows that.“I wanted to have an understanding of what was going on because all I saw was that video — not exclusive to everything else that might have taken place. He and I were able to have that. I like the way that he was able to communicate to me and I trust that when those situations, if they do arise in the future, that we’ll handle it differently.”A video of the incident showed Peters initially shout at the fan from a seated position on the bench before heading for the stands and climbing a few steps of a staircase behind the bench area to confront the fan. This incident comes a week after Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette also confronted a fan.It doesn’t take much for a verbal confrontation to devolve into a “Malice at the Palace” style incident instead, which is a situation that absolutely has to be avoided. Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson was poised to leap into the stands to go after Jaguars fans last December that had thrown projectiles in his direction as he exited the field only to be held back by security personnel.McVay said he is uncertain if this is a matter where the league would get involved but he said they have handled the situation internally and he appreciated how Peters responded.“I don’t know how the league would look at that. We’ll handle those things internally but the good thing is, like anything else, we had a good dialogue. Keep the specifics between Marcus and myself but I was pleased with the way that he was able to communicate what went on and I trust that these will be things that we’ll learn from.”

Alle Zeiten sind UTC